1. Start brushing as soon as teeth are present.
2. Use a smear of toothpaste for children under 6 years and a pea-sized amount for children over 6 years.
3. Use an adult or '6-and-up’ fluoride toothpaste.
4. Brush teeth twice a day.
5. Brush for your children until they are 8 years old (younger children are not able to brush properly themselves).
6. Start flossing your children’s teeth as soon as they are touching each other (especially the back teeth)
7. Try to decrease the number of times your children eat or drink sweet things - GIVE TEETH A REST
8. Encourage your children to drink water as much as possible – especially when drinking from a bottle.
9. Ensure that your children wear a well-fitting and comfortable mouthguard for contact sport
10. Children (and adults) should see a dentist or dental therapist at least once a year.
© Copyright 2019, Katie Ayers.